Sunday, July 8, 2012

Your Own Sacred Grove


My wife’s brother is a stake president in the southeast. He shared the following as a spiritual thought in a meeting with bishops and other stake leaders. I asked him to allow me to publish it to my blog – he was happy to do so.


Early this morning I enjoyed some quiet time in the Battlefield Park. With the rain last night it made the trails soft with dew on the grass and leaves. Much of where I walk is secluded and very quiet.
The only noise was that of the birds coming through the trees.
The sun was up and not a cloud in the sky. As I looked ahead of me down the trail, there were bright shafts of light beaming through the trees.
The following words came to my mind:

Oh, how lovely was the morning!
Radiant beamed the sun above.
Bees were humming, sweet birds singing,
Music ringing thru the grove,
When within the shady woodland
Joseph sought the God of love.

We all seek the God of love. I testify that He is there for each and every one of you. I felt his presence.
May you each find your own sacred grove.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome. While I appreciate comments on my posts, I reserve the right to delete any comment that does not promote positive discussion of the topic at hand.